Bangladesh’s government provides vaccines for the Expanded Programme on Immunization (EPI). The cold chain and distribution of vaccines are also maintained at the EPI centre, JIMCH. EPI is critical for global health initiatives. Its ultimate goal is to provide targeted populations with effective and high-quality immunization services.
- Reduction of morbidity and mortality from vaccine-preventable diseases of children and women of reproductive age (15 – 49 years).
- To immunize all children 0-1 year of age according to the EPI schedule
- To maintain TT schedule for women of reproductive age (15 –49 years)
- To arrange NID (National Immunization Day)
The following EPI vaccines are available for the age group 0-1 years.
- Pentavalent vaccine (DPT, Hep.-B, Hib)
- PCV (Pneumo-coccal Vaccine)
- MR( Measles & Rubella)
TT schedule for women of reproductive age (15 – 49) years
- Tetanus Toxoid (TT) & MR (Measles & Rubella)